Job Type: Permanent
Location: Warren NSW
Salary: up to $110,000 incl allowances, overtime and incentives
Who We Need
Our client is seeking veterans with Diesel Technician Qualifications and a strong mechanical aptitude to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Service Departments at two of their regional branches. There are long term rewards and career progression for the successful candidates.
Established in 1963, this family owned business is a specialist in the market for providing superior solutions for the Agricultural and Turf industries. They are the one of the largest family owned distributors of this major franchise Agricultural machinery brand in Australia. They have 12 locations throughout Queensland and New South Wales run by over 225 dedicated staff. With recent growth, our client now requires a number of qualified Diesel Technicians for their locations in Central West New South Wales.
As a Service Technician, you will be required to perform diagnostics (basic and complex), service repairs and maintenance work on customer and dealer owned agricultural and construction equipment, including outdoor power equipment. This successful dealership expects all members of their staff to be self-motivated, eager to learn and down to earth. In return, they will provide their employees with a dynamic, challenging, enjoyable, rewarding and safe place to work.
A day in the workshop may involve...
- Diagnostics: Perform basic and complex diagnostics, on customer and dealer owned agricultural equipment.
- Repairs: Complete repairs as requested by the service manager/supervisor within the workshop and offsite on occasion.
- Maintenance: Perform Maintenance work on customer and dealer owned agricultural equipment.
- Advisory Service: Advise customers on the best course of action to take care of their equipment.
- Mentor: Provide mentoring for Trade Assistants, Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
- Administration: Complete necessary job description on every repair order in line with company process and procedures.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must:
- Trade Qualified (Heavy Vehicle/Equipment/Diesel Fitting)
- Have completed year 10 + High School Certificate
- Have a current and valid driver’s licence
- Be able to show proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used to repair agricultural/outdoor power equipment
- Have a sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Forklift licence
- Experience of successfully working within and across geographically dispersed teams
This is an excellent opportunity for veterans to utilise your previous military and mechanical experience with an organisation that will reward you with an attractive salary package, benefits and future career possibilities.
On offer; is an attractive hourly rate, remote location allowance, quarterly incentives and overtime that could see you earning as much as $110,000 plus superannuation! In addition, you'll get your uniforms and PPE supplied as well as a fortnightly tool allowance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for veterans to join a proudly family owned Australian business that has been operating for over 50 years. This family business has Agriculture running in their blood and is passionate about supporting rural communities. The position allows for the ideal veterans and their families to share the success and become part of an Australian, family-owned company committed to delivering quality service.
This is your opportunity to work in Agricultural Australia, apply now!!
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Use your military mechanical knowledge!
- Up to $110k on offer, with incentives
- No ag experience needed, training is available