Who We Need
We have an exciting opportunity for a number of ex-defence members to join our client's thriving cotton farm in Warren, New South Wales as Farmhands. This could be the first step on a new path into farming and agribusiness! The role is ideal for ex-defence members as you will be able to utilise your previous mechanical experience, while gaining further agricultural skills and knowledge.
Our client operates world-class farming, marketing and processing enterprises across different sites in NSW, Australia. As an experienced company with almost 55 years of service to Australian agriculture, they maintain a strong reputation as a world-class supplier of cotton, grain and related processing, marketing and shipping services to both domestic and international customers. They are seeking an enthusiastic Farmhand to join their team and grow alongside the business.
As a Farmhand, you will be actively involved in the day to day operations of the farm including, but not limited to:
• Daily checks of machinery and rigs
• Strong attention to Workplace Health and Safety
• Machinery Operation
• Operate precision Ag monitors as instructed by Agronomy team
• Assist irrigation supervisors with watery supply issues, blowouts or high levels
• Off-season irrigation maintenance
We are seeking proactive and enthusiastic ex-defence members with great communication skills and a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will have mechanical aptitude and experience operating, maintaining, and repairing equipment, machinery or telecommunications equipment. Your ability to show initiative, generate ideas, and work within a team environment will see you succeed in this role.
The successful applicant will require:
• Enthusiasm towards learning and adopting the skills necessary to managing crops
• Mechanical aptitude and experience in operating and maintaining a range of modern farming equipment
• Experience working in a broadacre or irrigated crop environment is preferred but not essential
• Self-motivation and discipline
• Happy disposition with a can-do attitude
• Available to work varied hours, including Saturday and Sunday when farming schedule dictates
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning recruitment company with clients in every State and Territory. Our innovative approach has seen us win the Telstra Queensland Business of the Year award, as well as both the Australian Small Business Champion and the Best CSR Initiative awards. We have grown from a small agricultural recruitment firm based in Goondiwindi to become one of Australia's largest privately owned recruiters and suppliers of permanent and contract agricultural labour, with offices across Australia and Taiwan.
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Exciting opportunity for ex-defence members with mechanical aptitude
- Scope for career progression within industry leader
- Receive agricultural training and professional development opportunities