Who We Need
Our client’s property is Located on the banks of the Wimmera River, this family owned and operated broad-acre cropping enterprise is seeking a self-motivated veteran to join their team as a Farmhand. The 5500-acre grain property invests heavily in innovative technology and sustainable farming practices to deliver high quality produce to Australian and international markets. This unique opportunity will become available in November when the current staff member retires after 15 years with the company.
The farmhand will work independently to assist with the day-to-day operations of the property and maximise productivity. This ‘hands-on’ role will require you to implement the cropping production plan, operate farm machinery and equipment, run irrigation systems, conduct minor repairs and maintenance, and control GPS systems.
Skills and Experience
• You must demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Possess a Heavy Rigid Combination Vehicle Licence
• Welding experience
• Mechanical aptitude
• ChemCert qualification would also be beneficial but not essential!
• You must be capable of working autonomously
• Be decisive in your work and show initiative
This role is ideal for a veteran who is looking for a long-term career in agriculture. The position will allow you to utilise your previous military experience and mechanical aptitude whilst gaining agricultural skills & knowledge.
Our client can offer the successful veteran a competitive salary package including work vehicle. The company creates a vibrant and inclusive work culture for all staff and believes in recognising hard-work and commitment. Apply today take advantage of this unique opportunity!
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Utilise your existing mechanical experience
- Gain agricultural skills & knowledge in crops
- Great salary package including work vehicle