Who We Need
We are actively working with a number of family owned businesses in Far North Queensland who provide a variety of top quality produce to the market, using start of the art equipment and processes.
These clients are seeking several self-motivated veterans with mechanical aptitude to assist in the day-to-day operations of each farm. As a Farmhand you will be required to complete general farm duties and conduct preventative maintenance and basic repairs of farm machinery and equipment.
Located in tropical Far North Queensland, these clients have farms just 20 minutes from Cairns or in the picturesque Atherton Tablelands.
A day on the farm may involve...
- Operation and maintenance of farm equipment and machinery
- Weed control
- Installation, operation and repairs to irrigation systems
- Tractor driving
- Fencing and fence maintenance
- Daily machinery maintenance and pre-start checks
To be successful in this role you must:
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Machinery experience
- Be self-motivated and take initiative
- Be reliable, committed and accountable
- Be physically fit, self-motivated, and down to earth
To be successful in this "hands-on" role you must have a strong mechanical aptitude and proactive work ethic. You must be capable of working alongside a diverse team to ensure crop production and quality targets are met.
This role is ideal for a veteran who is looking for a long-term career in agriculture. The position will allow you to utilise your previous military experience and mechanical aptitude whilst gaining agricultural skills & knowledge.
A competitive hourly rate, agricultural training opportunities and fantastic company culture are available to the right candidate. Join a leading Australian Agribusiness and advance your career today!
For further information, please call Peter Thatcher, Stephen O'Shea or Rowan Coe on 1300 247 823.
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Utilise your existing mechanical experience
- Gain agricultural skills and knowledge in farming
- Great salary package and support for veterans