Who We Need
Agri Veterans is seeking a Workplace Health & Safety Officer for our client, a well-established agribusiness in Australia with sites across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Operating an integrated supply chain for five key products; cotton, almonds, pulses and dairy, the company delivers these to over 500 customers worldwide. With over 400 permanent staff and approx 300 seasonal employees during peak season, this is a large scale agribusiness that holds many opportunities. This is an exceptional role that sees you showcasing your expertise with a high profile agriculture company that continues to succeed.
Apply your exceptional WHS skills and take your career to the next level working for one of the largest cotton producers in the country.
Responsible for the implementation of the Safety Management System for the cotton and pulse business units, you will play an important role working collaboratively with the management team in relation to employee inductions, education and compliance for all aspects of WHS.
Driving and influencing best practice, the successful candidate will develop and apply timely and effective WHS initiatives and provide support to continuous improvement programs.
Undertaking incident investigations and advising on corrective actions, you will promote a culture of safety and ensure that staff follow and identify unsafe activities and practices. Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Facilitate, coach, induct, develop, implement and train staff in WHS for the site
- Create and deliver staff training material for sites throughout Queensland and NSW
- Provide key information on the reporting requirements for carbon emissions and recycling
- Monthly communication of any changes to WHS legislation and its impact on the company
- Carry out WHS legislative compliance checks and auditing
- Perform thorough and detailed incident investigations and advise on corrective actions
- Ensure service provider contractors comply with legislation and onsite safety requirements
- Development and application of safe work practices, procedures and policies
- Manage all workplace injury incident processes
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have an extensive knowledge of Australian WHS Legislation and be able to demonstrate your experience in the implementation and execution of WHS management and processes.
With highly effective communication and leadership skills, you have the ability to influence others and create a strong culture of safety throughout the organisation.
Discrete, well organised and with good time management skills, you will be committed to maintaining the highest standards of conduct in all duties. To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Current qualification in safety and proven experience working in the agricultural industry
- Strong communication skills - particularly report writing
- Current drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to be flexible and able to manage stress and changing situations
- Excellent relationship skills
- Ability to interpret legislation and analyse technical data
- Responsible and purposeful
- Caring and honest
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Great employer
- Great career progression
- Diverse locations