- Brand new four bedroom house on site
- 20km from Condobolin, with good public transport links
- Diversity of crops – inc hybrid seeds, wheat and barley
Our client is a successful, family owned broad acre farming operations known for their production of high-quality crops of hybrid seeds, canola, chickpeas, wheat and barley across their 7500 acre property located 15 km from Condobin, NSW – the property is 100 m from the bus stop and located to nearby schools.
As Farm Supervisor you will work closely with the owner to implement all tasks related to maintaining the health and high standard of crops; including sowing and planting, pest management, crop protection, irrigation and fertigation.
Weed control, crop monitoring, taking soil and tissue sampling for analysis and the effective operation of farm machinery including seeding rigs and sprayers are all part of the job. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist the Farm Manager in driving and executing crop plans
- Record keeping
- Spraying and spreading
- Machinery maintenance
- Contributing to a range of activities including; HSE, budgeting and others as required
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing a broad acre farm and a solid understanding of farming operations. With sound knowledge of chemical use and their applications, you’ll be multi skilled and capable of tackling most jobs.
Our client is looking for someone who can grow with the business – a person with drive and ambition who wants to really make a difference and provide input towards the growth of the operation.
Practical and hands on, you will have demonstrated ability to effectively meet your timelines. To be considered for the role, it’s important you can address the following criteria:
- Broadacre/agriculture/large scale operation experience (essential)
- GPS spraying (essential)
- Knowledge of irrigation/fertigation systems
- ChemCert chemical handling certificate
- Laser Bucket experience (highly regarded)
- No operating tickets required
- Experience in using and maintaining horticultural plant equipment
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Committed to the role for a period of time
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
Send to a Friend