- Various locations across QLD, NSW, VIC, SA & WA
- Hourly rate plus benefits
- Can lead to other seasonal roles across the country
At Agri Veterans, we aim to make the employment process seamless for both jobseekers and employers. We pride ourselves on being more than just a recruitment agency, and our consultants are on-hand to deliver expertise, advice and support whenever you need it. Here’s what else you can expect when you join Agri Veterans:
- a generous hourly rate starting at between $27.80 – $33.50/hour (depending on company and location), PLUS applicable overtime and penalty rates. Higher hourly rates are offered to returning and highly skilled workers
- connections with more work, as our team provides opportunities to travel with the harvest from central Queensland to southern Victoria
- the chance to watch videos of your work environment, so you can get an insight into your day-to-day tasks
- ongoing support – you can talk to your recruiter regarding any issues or questions you may have at any time throughout your placement
The grain harvest is a significant event on the Australian agricultural calendar, with positions located in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia. Aligning well with the skillsets of many returned service men and woman, grain harvest is intensive and hard work. It’s also a highly lucrative harvest that offers great opportunities to work and travel in iconic locations, while gaining invaluable experience in a variety of crops including wheat, sorghum, canola, barley and chickpeas.
Locations and start-times vary for the grain harvest, with some regions commencing in September and others following in later months. This hot and dusty work is sees you responsible for building and maintaining grain bunkers, directing traffic and operating machinery including hoppers and stackers. Applicants must be hardworking, physically fit and not suffer from asthma or dust allergies.
Your Skills & Experience
Dedicated to a culture of safety for yourself and your colleagues, you’ll follow strict procedures and be ready to work long hours when required. This short-term and well-paid work requires you to be flexible – harvesting is subject to fluctuating weather conditions, which means your duties or location can change with little notice.
If you meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
Send to a Friend
- physically fit and able to work extended hours and flexible shifts
- able to pass all drug and alcohol tests
- high level of English communication skills
- thrive under pressure
- strong work ethic
- previous experience in wheat and grain harvests is highly regarded
- heavy rigid truck licence (or higher) and front-end loader licences are highly favourable
- Confined Space Certificate is a plus.