- Various locations across Victoria, Queensland & NSW
- Hourly rate plus benefits
- Can lead to other seasonal roles across the country
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
Grain handlers play a highly important role in the efficient management of receiving and out loading grain during this busy and exciting harvest season.
From grain sampling to driving a front loader and general cleaning duties, we are seeking ex services staff who could put their existing skills to use in performing the following tasks:
- Grain testing – checking for moisture, protein, pollutants
- Operating front end loaders, hoppers, tractors, augers
- Monitoring grain flow
- Storage and protection of grain including tarp folding, welding and bunker covering
- Sweeping, shovelling, dust blowing and other site cleaning
- Working in confined spaces
- Ensuring a culture of safety for yourself and your teammates at all times
Weather dependent, work will commence from September through to the end of harvest in November. Salary and role will vary according to the skills, experience and tickets or licences you have and will also be dependent upon the site requirements of the individual employer.
Your Skills & Experience
While applicants with previous grain experience are strongly encouraged to submit an application, we are eager to hear from veterans who are interested in these diverse and interesting roles.
Any kind of experience in labouring work, agriculture, trades and transport and logistics will assist with these roles, however if that’s not your skillset, we also welcome applications from those who are fit, motivated and equipped with a great attitude.
You will need to be a team player, with good communication skills and a strong commitment to ensuring a culture of safety at all times.
We are seeking applicants with the following attributes:
Send to a Friend
- Previous experience in wheat and grain harvests
- Heavy Rigid, Truck, Front End Loader and Confined Spaces licences (highly regarded)
- Must have your own vehicle and current driver’s licence
- Thrive under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Physically fit and able to work long hours with flexible shifts
- Equipped with your own PPE – glasses, steel capped ankle high lace up footwear, sun hat, long sleeved shirt and long pants