The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Work for a leading agribusiness
- Ongoing career progression
- Diverse and interesting role
Our client is a leading agricultural company that is seeking to establish a strong team of staff who will grow with business and into the future.
Located in Robinvale, in regional Victoria and working on one of the organisation’s most successful orchards, the Heavy Diesel Mechanic is accountable for planning and performing both preventative and breakdown mechanical maintenance on pack house fixed and mobile assets.
Responsible for fault finding and correctly diagnosing equipment failure, this is a hands-on role where you will put your excellent troubleshooting and fast thinking abilities to good use.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Co-ordination of contracted electrical maintenance support
- Completion of ‘whole of job maintenance work scopes on Capex projects
- Fabrication activities and alteration work on equipment and machinery to meet specialised business needs
- Ensuring that all Health, Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to while meeting the organisation’s maintenance and production needs
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical trade qualification and be equipped with a preparedness to develop and utilise additional skills in welding, pneumatics and hydraulics.
Essential is your ability to both plan and perform a broad scope of maintenance work, a capacity to lead and positively influence others while maintaining a commitment to work safely at all times with limited direct management assistance. Previous experience in the fresh produce pack-house (FMCG) industry is also highly regarded.
The availability to work regular additional hours and weekends as a part of a roster or on an as needs basis during harvest and maintenance shutdown periods is also required. To be considered for the role, it’s important you can address the following criteria:
Send to a Friend
- A relevant trade or qualification – mechanical or metal fabrication (preferred)
- Previous experience in similar role
- Driver’s licence and forklift ticket
- Project management
- Practical, hands on and with the capacity to improvise
- Honest, flexible and purposeful in your tasks