- Great pay rate: $28.37/hour
- Ongoing work for the right candidate
- Diverse and interesting role
Our client is a global leader in the supply chain management of agricultural products and food ingredients with 16 product platforms across 65 countries. Servicing six commodity areas which employs hundreds of people in regional Victoria, they are the second largest producer of almonds in the world. Operating a state-of-the art processing facility, they are known for their highly talented technical and management team and a trusting staff culture.
As Main Plant Operator, for our client’s commercial almond processing facility, your activities vary according to seasonal demands. With ongoing work for the right candidate this role offers diversity of tasks and employment with a company that is known for providing career development opportunities for staff.
- On Season – 4 days on 4 days off (2 day shifts plus 2 night shifts)
- Off Season – Monday to Friday 6:45 – 3:00 pm
On Season duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Monitoring and adjustment of rollers for variety specification
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Reporting and record keeping
- Changing and logging rejects bins
- Checking of belt weights, storage bins, sheer rollers and shaker decks
- Perform waste hold sampling
- Identification and advising of any maintenance issues
Off Season duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide assistance to the maintenance department
- Packing and dispatch
- Other duties as required
Your Skills & Experience
You must have a current forklift licence, be physically capable and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Available 24/7 for rotating rosters during the season, you’re a good self-starter, who needs minimal supervision. Focused on maintaining a culture of safety for yourself and others, to be considered for the role, please ensure you can prove the following:
- Current Australian forklift licence
- Excellent communication skills (able to follow instructions easily)
- Machine operating experience (desirable)
- Available 24/7 for rotating rosters during the season
- Good problem solving skills
- Proactive, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’ and forward us your most up to date resume and any relevant certificates and licensing.
Send to a Friend