- Competitive salary
- Work for a leading agribusiness
- Ongoing career progression
Is a world-class agribusiness and Australia’s second largest producer of beef with a total herd capacity of over 320,000. With a portfolio in excess of 30 properties across various agriculture sectors, they have a long and proud history and are committed to investing in local rural communities, developing and implementing innovative, industry-leading farming practices and driving export quality and growth.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic Farm Hand to join their commercial nut orchard operations based in Hillston, NSW.
You’ll be responsible for providing support in delivering coordinated growing activities including ground preparation, planting, tree care, harvesting and irrigation.
The role is required to undertake routine maintenance to ensure all equipment is running at optimum capacity with minimal disruption to activity while ensuring full commitment to a culture of safety across all aspects of the job.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Inspect, repair and install irrigation lines, valves, drip and sprinkler parts
- Assist with the maintenance of all bores and pumps
- Weed management and spot spraying
- Tree care including, pruning, staking and tree guard maintenance
- Recording and replacing of dead and sick trees
- Vehicle plant maintenance and operation
- Assist contractors
- Maintain orchard hygiene and presentation
- Other duties as required from time to time
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has experience in a similar role with good knowledge of orchard cultivation, spraying, fertigation techniques and irrigation. Equipped with a relevant Chemical accreditation, you’ll be self-managing and proactive, efficient and flexible. To be considered for the role, it’s important you can address the following criteria:
Send to a Friend
- Previous experience in a similar role – specifically cultivation
- High level irrigation and fertigation knowledge
- Chem Cert Qualification
- Good record keeping abilities
- Sound machinery knowledge and maintenance capability
- Driver’s licence
- Flexible and able to work extended hours on short notice during the week (peak times)
- Great work ethic
- Dedicated to safety and a positive team culture