Our client believes in the further development of staff – creating career pathways with training and mentoring programs that see you reaching your career goals. The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- High profile employer
- Salary $50 – $65K PLUS house, mobile and laptop
- Ongoing career progression
- Diverse and interesting role
The family owned and operated enterprise has over 35 years’ experience in the poultry industry. From the farm gate to the central warehouse, all processes are designed to protect animal welfare and produce quality eggs. The company invests heavily in innovative and state-of-the-art facilities and continues to exceed worldwide standards in flock care, product quality, environmental impact and bio-security.
As the 2IC for the day to day operations of the farm, this is a key management role requiring you to work across the divisions of egg production and fertiliser with over 250,000 laying birds.
Experienced within the agriculture industry, you will develop and implement appropriate business strategies designed to meet organisational production and deliver incremental gains towards profitability and quality.
The Farm 2IC must be able to successfully drive a culture of high performance and innovation while effectively leading staff and ensuring compliance with WHS and biosecurity standards. Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement a farm management business plan
- Lead and motivate a large team
- Manage and operate farm resources and equipment
- Monitor animal welfare and production quality
- Actively promote a safe and productive company culture
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in a supervisory role within the agricultural industry – poultry experience is essential. You need to be an effective communicator – someone with great leadership skills who is committed to the support, development and positive engagement of your team.
Self-managing and proactive, you must have a good working knowledge of OH & S requirements and be efficient with excellent site management capabilities, ensuring all quality and maintenance standards are upheld. To be considered for the role, it’s important you address the following criteria:
Send to a Friend
- Minimum two years’ experience in the poultry industry
- Leadership and management experience
- Great interpersonal skills, including client management skills
- Driver’s License