- Fantastic salary of up to $100k inc super
- Leading Australian agribusiness
- Excellent team culture
- Great options for career growth and travel to other sites
Our client is an Australian owned and operated family business that has been established for over 75 years. Proud of their well-earned reputation for producing some of Australia’s highest quality produce, the company has vegetable farms across Queensland, NSW and Victoria and is known for their respectful and inclusive work culture.
The SHEQ Compliance Officer works closely with the Regional Operations Manager, WHS Manager and Quality Manager to ensure all organisational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies are consistently implemented across the region.
Based in Bowen, you will ensure the safety of people through the utilisation of an Integrated Management System, that sees you reviewing SHEQ related procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout all their facilities, including; farms, processing, packhouse and logistics operations.
Of equal importance is your supervision of food safety and quality compliance in the fresh food environment and providing on-site SHEQ support, conducting risk assessments, compliance monitoring and reporting. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding and consistently implementing compliance of all company and regulatory policies and procedures related to SHEQ across the region and all changes are communicated in a timely and effective manner
- Fostering an environment where safety, quality, productivity and continual improvement are part of everyday activities
- Maintain and continuously apply our Integrated Management System to all SHEQ related strategies, policies & procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout the region
- Contribute accurate and clear interpretation of SHEQ legislation and standards to support function managers
- Ensuring the audit and monitoring regime is implemented, including the conduct of internal and third-party audits
- Accurate and timely reporting on all SHEQ related matters, including escalation to appropriate functional and regional managers
- Carry out investigations to identify root cause and promote lessons learned throughout the organisation
- Raise awareness of SHEQ issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary to support and develop capability across the region
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have formal WHS/OHS qualifications and thorough working knowledge of WHS legislative requirements and their applications across an FMCG environment.
You’ll have proven leadership abilities, be influential and come equipped with a positive attitude and exceptional communication skills. To be considered for the role, please ensure you can prove the following:
- Formal WHS/OHS qualifications
- Practical experience and knowledge of WHS applications across FMCG environment
- Capability of working across multiples sites and dispersed teams
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, manage projects and meet deadlines
Choose Agri Labour Australia
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Marchant, Principal Consultant, Agri Labour Australia: 0476 884 936
Send to a Friend