- Work with a globally recognised agribusiness
- Excellent salary plus super, vehicle, laptop and phone
- Great location
Our client is a family owned company who established their business in Stanthorpe in the mid 90’s. Having expanded their capabilities across areas of Queensland and Victoria to focus on production quality and consistency, they are a major provider of premium quality, baby leaf salad lines all year round.
With a warehouse facility at the Brisbane markets and an established reputation for innovative farming and processing techniques, they are a leader in the sector and also known for their great workplace culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and efficient leader to take their career to the next level with this highly successfully agribusiness located Maffra, Victoria.
This position sees you applying your diverse range of farm management skills and be responsible for the effective management of all operational activities and staff including harvest, land preparation, weeding, planting and irrigation, workshop equipment maintenance/use and scheduling.
Your key accountabilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop and assist in whole farm planning and management in conjunction with the relevant teams
- Train, manage and mentor key farming staff across all aspects of the production system
- Liaise with the other managers to ensure efficient and quality execution of the production plan
- Promote and manage a team in compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, legislation and regulations
- Ensure team members are safe, productive & appropriately skilled to do their work
- Compliance with all quality procedures and policies
- Ensure team understands HACCP, GAP and GMP for incorporation into daily activities
- Support and contribute to the operational budget
- Manage expenses and investigate variances
- Make decisions that ensure best use of resources for a profitable and sustainable future
Your Skills & Experience
The role calls for someone with extensive experience in managing a farm (or similar). Ideally you will have a degree in in agricultural science, business management or equivalent and have proven leadership skills with outstanding communication capabilities.
As Team Leader you will be knowledgeable on soil and plant health and techniques for growing quality yields. With proven experience in crop scheduling and logistics coordination, you’ll have exceptional organisation skills and a demonstrated level of practical capability.
Ready to take the step from management to that of higher operational level with more responsibility and leadership requirements, to be successful in the role it’s important you can address the following criteria:
- Minimum five years’ experience in applicable farm/agronomy operations – irrigated horticulture or row cropping
- Proven supervisory experience demonstrating leadership to achieve business objectives and accountabilities
- Effective liaison, including information and advice to employees and across all business units and support functions
- Delivery of high quality, results-oriented, customer-focused solutions
- Soil and plant health knowledge to establish and grow quality yields
- Crop scheduling and logistics coordination
- Practical, with strong time management and the ability to prioritise and improvise
Send to a Friend
- Exceptional leadership and engagement skills to motivate staff and deliver operational excellence
- Extensive operational skills, including the set-up, calibration and scheduling of planters, cultivation equipment, spray rigs and general farm machinery
- High level of computer literacy Tertiary qualification in agricultural science, business management or equivalent