Who We Need
Agri Veterans is looking to fill a Hatchery Trainee Manager role with the world's leading poultry breeder, providing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens. The company supplies customers in over 130 countries and features the latest technological developments in Incubation and Hatchery equipment.
As part of the Hatchery management team, the Trainee Manager role sees you learning, developing and implementing best practice hatchery process controls while supporting management to deliver an efficient and productive work environment.
The primary focus of your role is the production of high-quality parent and grandparent chicks for all domestic and export orders. Committed to animal welfare and the strict application of hygiene and biosecurity standards, this trainee management role is also responsible for optimising chick quality and output and providing budget assistance.
Once competent across all aspects of the role, you will also be required to be on the hatchery alarm roster (one week out of four). The Hatchery Trainee Manager must ensure a positive and safe work culture while effectively leading, training and appropriately skilling staff. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing all round hatchery knowledge - particularly incubation knowledge
- Understanding hatchery logistics and planning
- Developing advanced management skills and knowledge
- Improving Hatchery productivity
- Improving service to internal customers
- Maintaining strong communication and development of skill within the Hatchery team
- Actively promote an encouraging, safe and productive company culture
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You need to be a good communicator - someone with great leadership skills who is encouraging and committed to your team and the business.
Self-managing and proactive, it is beneficial (not essential) that you have a good working knowledge of Biosecurity standards, WHS requirements and be efficient with excellent organisational capabilities, ensuring all quality and maintenance standards are upheld.
Equipped with computer skills and strong problem solving abilities, to be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria or be able to prove your capability:
- Excellent communicator
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Well developed and proven leadership, people management and motivation skills
- Ability to operate in a very dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to inspire and drive others to perform at their best
- Analytical and practical problem-solving skills are essential as is a demonstrated ability to search for continuous improvements
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel
- Work in partnership with people at all levels in an organisation
Key Job Info
Send to a Friend
- Salary increase as you perform
- Career Progression
- Leading poultry breeder